"The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural" - Calvin Klein
VIRTUAL MAKEUP LESSONS & GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) POLICY & PROCEDURES - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Hannah Monk Hair & Makeup - based in Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London
I am a freelance wedding hair & make up artist based in South East London and Kent with clients throughout London, Kent, Essex and Surrey area. Also available to work throughout the UK and internationally.
My views for makeup on myself and my clients is that makeup should enhance and not 'wear' me. Skin should be seen to be glowing, fresh and polished, not hidden under a mask of makeup.
Most importantly, you need to feel confident and still look like yourself.
I am mostly known for my natural and flawless makeup techniques which do not feel heavy on the skin.
I love to do relaxed but secure hair styles / trendy and modern / boho braids and twists, nothing too structured and pulled back. Hair can be soft but secure enough to last the day.
I specialise in relaxed bridal and wedding hair styling and natural enhancing makeup / special occasions / makeup lessons (one to one and group) and prom.
Other areas of work include:
Advertising, commercial, beauty shoots, catwalk, lookbooks and TV light entertainment.
My philosophy is that anyone can look and feel like a supermodel with the right make up techniques. All products in my kit are from various high end brands.
When i am not at work applying makeup / curling hair, i am usually with my scatty but gorgeous boxer dog, drinking tea (or cocktails), thinking about my next holiday or watching a good tv series.
I am a regular volunteer for the wonderful charity - Look Good Feel Better. They run skin care and makeup masterclass workshops around the UK, for anyone undergoing treatment for any form of cancer.
Its a rewarding few hours spent with some inspiring people.
For more info, please visit the website https://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/
In September 2017, me and my slobberchops boxer dog did the Battersea Dogs Home muddy dog run, along with my brother and his dog.
It was SO MUCH FUN!!!
I had a stitch for most of it, leggings felt super heavy like they was about to fall down, but we kept on going (or rather i was pulled along by my dog). We had one of the best days, humans covered in more mud than the dogs and raised a fantastic £500 for Battersea Dogs Home.
Jessica Bastick Vines - best supporting actress nominee - UK Theatre Awards
Sammi Elston - singer/song writer
- One Peloton video promo - Jason Kenny grooming
- FICO video promo - hair and makeup artist
- Red Bull Organics range - hair and makeup assistant
- Xbox live X019 - hair and makeup artist
- Xbox Sea of Thieves live streaming event - male grooming
- Santander - hair and makeup assistant
- Jacamo catwalk summer collection 2019 - male grooming team
- Malan Breton London Fashion Week AW19 - Charlotte Cave hair team
- Bulgari AW19 - Kasia Fortuna hair team
- Back up Trust - Liz Patey makeup team
Campaigns, Look Book and editorial
- Anthropologie Xmas 2019 social media video - hair and makeup artist
- Hedoine campaign (2019) - hair and makeup assistant
- Jute Magazine (webitorial) - hair and makeup
- Phoenix Magazine - hair and makeup assistant
- Slink Magazine - front cover and 8 page spread - makeup assistant
- The Story Magazine - hair and makeup assistant
- Beauty In Curves - hair, makeup and nail assistant
- Dolly Bow Bow Summer 2012 collection - hair and makeup
- Erin Hawkes video look book - hair and makeup assistant
- Lailee London look book Spring 2014 - makeup
- Hilton - hair and makeup assistant
- Golden Stone Years - tribute to Rolling Stones Brian Jones - musicians makeup (Lola Lennox) and male grooming (Steve Harley, Kenny Jones, The Stranglers, The Waterboys)
- ASOS - Blow Out Ibiza hair team (2018)
- British Independent Film Awards 2013 (BIFA) - hair assistant
- Olympics & Paralympics Closing Ceremony 2012 for Brazil's performance - Brazilian makeup team
- Reveal Magazine 'Click to Buy' awards November (2012) - makeup
- Katie Piper Foundation Ball (2011) - hair and makeup assistant
- Singing Bee - hair and makeup assistant
- Tastemade - hair and makeup assistant
- Jeremy Vine show - hair and makeup artist
- Sunday Brunch - hair and makeup artist
- Descendants 3 - PR
- Flame - Panto at the Bull Theatre, Barnet - makeup
- Mamma Mia - hair assistant work experience, west end London