"The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural" - Calvin Klein
VIRTUAL MAKEUP LESSONS & GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) POLICY & PROCEDURES - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Hannah Monk Hair & Makeup - based in Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London
Hey im Hannah, a freelance wedding hair & make up artist based in South East London and Kent with clients throughout London, Kent, Essex and Surrey area. Also available to work throughout the UK and internationally.
My views for makeup on myself and my clients is that makeup should enhance and not 'wear' me. Skin should be seen to be glowing, fresh and polished, not hidden under a mask of makeup and most importantly, you need to feel confident and still look like yourself.
I am mostly known for my natural and flawless makeup techniques which do not feel heavy on the skin - all my clients comment how light the make up feels, no instagram OTT makeup here.
I love to do relaxed beach waves, boho braids and twists, think loose waves with a flower crown/wax hair comb in a beautiful country house (or garden).
I also enjoy doing trendy and modern hair that you might see in a magazine or at a film premiere. Not every wedding hair style has to found under 'bridal hair' in Pinterest. Have a look at some famous actresses hair styles for example. A much softer version of the Hollywood wave with a simple hair slide or a crown is right on trend at the moment. Contact me for some ideas or take a look at my bridal styled shoots for lots of examples.
I specialise in soft bridal hair styling and natural wedding makeup / special occasions / makeup lessons (one to one and group) and prom.
Other areas of work include:
Advertising, commercial, beauty shoots, catwalk, lookbooks and TV light entertainment (see my cv below for a glimpse of some client names and brands).
When i am not at work applying makeup / creating waves in someone's hair, i am usually with my scatty but gorgeous boxer dog, drinking tea (or cocktails - pina colada is my fav), watching a good tv series (trust me ive watched alot of them) or singing to 90's/early 00's pop music.
I am a regular volunteer for the wonderful charity - Look Good Feel Better. They run skin care and makeup masterclass workshops around the UK, for anyone undergoing treatment for any form of cancer.
Its a rewarding few hours spent with some inspiring people.
For more info, please visit the website https://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/
In September 2017, me and my slobberchops boxer dog did the Battersea Dogs Home muddy dog run, along with my brother and his dog.
It was SO MUCH FUN!!!
I had a stitch for most of it, leggings felt super heavy like they was about to fall down, but we kept on going (or rather i was pulled along by my dog). We had one of the best days, humans covered in more mud than the dogs and raised a fantastic £500 for Battersea Dogs Home.
Some of my fav bridal styled shoots
Jessica Bastick Vines - best supporting actress nominee - UK Theatre Awards
Sammi Elston - singer/song writer
- One Peloton video promo - Jason Kenny grooming
- FICO video promo - hair and makeup artist
- Red Bull Organics range - hair and makeup assistant
- Xbox live X019 - hair and makeup artist
- Xbox Sea of Thieves live streaming event - male grooming
- Santander - hair and makeup assistant
- LuisDe Javier AW2/20 - Amanda Bell makeup team
- Jacamo catwalk summer collection 2019 - male grooming team
- Malan Breton London Fashion Week AW19 - Charlotte Cave hair team
- Bulgari AW19 - Kasia Fortuna hair team
- Back up Trust - Liz Patey makeup team
Campaigns, Look Book and editorial
- Anthropologie Xmas 2019 social media video - hair and makeup artist
- Hedoine campaign (2019) - hair and makeup assistant
- Jute Magazine (webitorial) - hair and makeup
- Phoenix Magazine - hair and makeup assistant
- Slink Magazine - front cover and 8 page spread - makeup assistant
- The Story Magazine - hair and makeup assistant
- Beauty In Curves - hair, makeup and nail assistant
- Dolly Bow Bow Summer 2012 collection - hair and makeup
- Erin Hawkes video look book - hair and makeup assistant
- Lailee London look book Spring 2014 - makeup
- Hilton - hair and makeup assistant
- Golden Stone Years - tribute to Rolling Stones Brian Jones - musicians makeup (Lola Lennox) and male grooming (Steve Harley, Kenny Jones, The Stranglers, The Waterboys)
- ASOS - Blow Out Ibiza hair team (2018)
- British Independent Film Awards 2013 (BIFA) - hair assistant
- Olympics & Paralympics Closing Ceremony 2012 for Brazil's performance - Brazilian makeup team
- Reveal Magazine 'Click to Buy' awards November (2012) - makeup
- Katie Piper Foundation Ball (2011) - hair and makeup assistant
- Singing Bee - hair and makeup assistant
- Tastemade - hair and makeup assistant
- Jeremy Vine show - hair and makeup artist
- Sunday Brunch - hair and makeup artist
- Descendants 3 - PR
- Flame - Panto at the Bull Theatre, Barnet - makeup
- Mamma Mia - hair assistant work experience, west end London
I also have another website showcasing all my Fashion & Beauty work, please take a minute to have a look http://hannahmonk.co.uk/
I cover the following areas for wedding hair and makeup. If your area is not listed, please get in touch, as i have likely just forgot to list every area I can think of:
AbbeyWood, Albany Park, Ashford, Aylesford, Barking, Barnehurst, Basildon, Bean,Bearsted, Beckenham, Belvedere, Bermondsey, Bexley, Bexleyheath, Bickley, Billericay, Blackheath, BlueBell Hill, Bow, Brands Hatch, Bromley, Cambridge, Canary Wharf, Canada Water, Canterbury, Catford, Charlton, Chislehurst, Cobham, Cooling, Coulsdon, Clapham, Crayford, Crockenhill, Croydon, Crystal Palace, Dagenham,Darenth, Dartford, Deptford, Dulwich, Dymchurch, East Malling, East Grinsted, Ebbsfleet,Edenbridge, Elmstead, Eltham, Erith, Eynsford, Falconwood, Faversham,Folkstone, Foots Cray, Forest Hill, Gillingham, Gravesend, Grays, Greenhithe, Greenwich, HaywardsHeath, Hythe, Herne Bay, Herne Hill, Hextable, Ilford, Kent, Leigh, Lewisham, London, London Bridge, Longfield, Maidstone, Margate, Medway, Meopham, Mottingham, New Eltham, Northfleet, OldBexley, Orpington, Petts Wood, Peckham, Plumstead, Purfleet, Rainham, Ramsgate,Rochester, Sandwich, Snodland, Sevenoaks, Sidcup, Sittingbourne, Slade Green,Shoreditch, Strood, Surrey, Sutton at Hone, Sutton, Swanley, Tenterden, Thaney,Thurrock, Tonbridge, Tulse Hill, Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield, Upminster,Vauxhall, Welling, West Dulwich, West Kingsdown, West Malling, West Wickham, Westerham,Whitstable, Wickford, Wimbledon